Wednesday, July 8, 2009

closer to DC every day

For the last week, my parents and I have been pulling our hair out trying to figure out how to get all of my things plus the family to DC for the big move. At first I didn't want my family to go because I was thinking I would be too sad when they left me there, plus I wanted to do a big 8 hr drive by myself, but then I started to get really excited about them going with me. We were going to rent 2 cars, or a u-haul thing... or ship my stuff and rent a car for the fam. Anyways tonight Mom said "are you just afraid to fly right now?" and I said no, thinking she'd say I should fly so there is more room in the car or something, but then she said that maybe I should just fly and ship my stuff, and then they will come visit in October when it's not so hot. Then I looked online and found a $39 ticket into Baltimore, and then a $9 ticket into DC and it was too good to pass up. So... I booked it. And now I'll be going alone -- in the long run, it will probably be better because I'll just say goodbye in Ohio and it will be quick instead of a long drawn out one. And I probably won't overpack. And the whole travel time will be about 2-3 hours which is so much better. And then I can set up my room in whatever leisurely time I like. And I'll be able to research hotels for them. And I can set up an itinerary for them. It will be good. I was just looking forward to showing them around town and I miss them already -- I'm still here!!

Anyways... the tickets are booked and earlier today I took care of my student loans. I probably took out too much, but it should cover tuition, books, food and rent. I'm pretty much ready to go except for packing, and now since I'm shipping my things I guess I will be packing less. Alright time for bed... goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment